Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And so begins A Life In Pie

The scene: It's 10:00 a.m. in Denver.  It's my favorite kind of day, gloomy and raining.  I just sit down to watch "Pie Paradise" on the Travel Channel.  I'm texting with my sister about pie.  I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time and suddenly it hits me.  A blog about pie!!  I text my sister my idea and 30 seconds later I'm signing up for an account on Google's blogspot.

So here I am with my first blog, A Life In Pie.  I will be making a new pie every week and sharing the photos and recipes with you.  There will be both sweet and savory pies, and all of them will be delicious.  The design and various elements of the blog will be a work-in-progress, so I thank you in advance for your patience and constructive comments.

I prefer pie over cake.  That's not to say I would ever turn my nose up at cake, but pie is far superior in my opinion.  Pie is old-fashioned.  Pie evokes images of aprons and rolling pins, little children gazing up at their mothers with flour-dusted hands, mounds of fluffy whipped cream, sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon, red cherries glistening with glaze, and chunks of chicken and vegetables spilling out of a flaky double crust.  My love of pie will fuel my creativity and, I hope, inspire you to bring a little pie into your life.

I found this image on www.nataliedee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment